It pays to be proactive when your Canadian business expands into the US. For example:
- What are the implications of moving people and equipment from Canada to the US, even temporarily?
- Payroll considerations?
- Tax compliance?
- What if I have employees who I want to move to the US for an extended period to lead my expansion there?
- What are the Canadian and US tax implications for those individuals and for my company?
- What do I need to do from an immigration perspective to enable this?
- When and how does the Canada – US Income Tax Treaty apply?
- How does GST work if I am exporting to the US?
- Will I or my corporation end up paying more tax than normal – either in Canada or the US as a result of my expansion?
- When does a Canadian business need to worry about US corporate income tax and US tax compliance?
- What about state income tax and state sales tax?
- How should my business enter the US market, and when do I need to consider having a US corporate entity?
- What happens if I operate my Canadian entity as a branch in the US versus incorporating a subsidiary?
- What type of entity should I use if I incorporate a subsidiary?
- Do I need to worry about Canadian taxes in respect of my US entity?
- What about FAPI (Foreign Accrual Property Income) or surplus?
- How do foreign tax credits work and where might I run into issues?
- What if I want to buy or sell an existing US business? Are there any special considerations?
This fast-paced webinar will address many of the topics above to help provide guidance for the key issues that need to be considered when expanding your business into the United States.
NOTE: This live webinar has ended, but you can purchase a replay below